Spring is officially here and you know what that means!
Time to get a jump on your spring cleaning.
Don't know where to begin?
No worries--I've got you covered!
#1: Garage, Roof & Exterior
- Clean out the garage. Donate tools you don't use to your local Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
- Inspect the roof and gutter.
- Examine exterior and touch-up if needed.
- Power wash the outside of the house, including windows.
#2: Mechanical Systems
- Drain all sediment from your hot water heater.
- Perform maintenance on furnace, ventilation system and air conditioner.
#3: Closets, Bathrooms & Living Rooms
- Donate clothing that has not been worn for more than two years to your local Dress for Success organization. Note: I'm happy to pick up and donate on your behalf--just call me.
- Using a telescoping vacuum extension, sweep away all cobwebs and dust near the ceilings.
- Wash the walls throughout the house using 1/2 cup ammonia, 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda to 1 gallon of warm water.
- Wash all inside windows. Vacuum out the tracks.
- Dust and wash light fixtures and chandeliers.
- Wash all knickknacks.
- Clean out and reorganize the linen closet..
- Deep clean shower, toilet, floor and sink.
- Inventory the medicine cabinet and toss expired medicines.
- Defrost freezer and wash out refrigerator.
- Toss out expired foods.
- Remove screen on stove fan and wash or replace it.
- Clean oven and soak the stove rings and drip pans.
- Go through your kitchen appliances; clean thoroughly and get rid of ones you no longer use regularly.
- Use your vacuum on the front of the coils and motor to remove dust and dirt.
#5: Vacuum & Carpets
- Vacuum books and bookshelves.
- Vacuum/wash/dry clean all window coverings.
- Vacuum lampshades. Replace lightbulbs.
- Launder all quilts, blankets, comforters and bedspreads.
- Turn mattresses. Consider buying new sheets, pillows and bedding.
- Move all furniture to the center of each room and vacuum thoroughly.
- Rent a carpet cleaner or hire a company to clean your carpets. Manning's Carpet Care is an excellent choice for carpet cleaning!
Writing this out was a lot of hard work--I'm exhausted already!
If you feel the same way, don't fret. I've saved the best spring cleaning tip for last:
With Spring Clean Gratitude,
p.s. If you want to tackle this list on your own, no worries.