Spring is officially here and you know what that means!
Time to get a jump on your spring cleaning.
Don't know where to begin?
No worries--I've got you covered!
#1: Garage, Roof & Exterior
- Clean out the garage. Donate tools you don't use to your local Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
- Inspect the roof and gutter.
- Examine exterior and touch-up if needed.
- Power wash the outside of the house, including windows.
#2: Mechanical Systems
- Drain all sediment from your hot water heater.
- Perform maintenance on furnace, ventilation system and air conditioner.
#3: Closets, Bathrooms & Living Rooms
- Donate clothing that has not been worn for more than two years to your local Dress for Success organization. Note: I'm happy to pick up and donate on your behalf--just call me.
- Using a telescoping vacuum extension, sweep away all cobwebs and dust near the ceilings.
- Wash the walls throughout the house using 1/2 cup ammonia, 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda to 1 gallon of warm water.
- Wash all inside windows. Vacuum out the tracks.
- Dust and wash light fixtures and chandeliers.
- Wash all knickknacks.
- Clean out and reorganize the linen closet..
- Deep clean shower, toilet, floor and sink.
- Inventory the medicine cabinet and toss expired medicines.
- Defrost freezer and wash out refrigerator.
- Toss out expired foods.
- Remove screen on stove fan and wash or replace it.
- Clean oven and soak the stove rings and drip pans.
- Go through your kitchen appliances; clean thoroughly and get rid of ones you no longer use regularly.
- Use your vacuum on the front of the coils and motor to remove dust and dirt.
#5: Vacuum & Carpets
- Vacuum books and bookshelves.
- Vacuum/wash/dry clean all window coverings.
- Vacuum lampshades. Replace lightbulbs.
- Launder all quilts, blankets, comforters and bedspreads.
- Turn mattresses. Consider buying new sheets, pillows and bedding.
- Move all furniture to the center of each room and vacuum thoroughly.
- Rent a carpet cleaner or hire a company to clean your carpets. Manning's Carpet Care is an excellent choice for carpet cleaning!
Writing this out was a lot of hard work--I'm exhausted already!
If you feel the same way, don't fret. I've saved the best spring cleaning tip for last:
#6: Reach out to me for a referral to my favorite cleaning service!
With Spring Clean Gratitude,
p.s. If you want to tackle this list on your own, no worries.
Feel free to reach out to me for a free printable list!