Welcome to March!
Spring is right around the corner, and as winter begins it's thaw (hopefully!), now is the time of the month to do these seven simple steps to ensure your home is ready for the warmer weather ahead.
- Lubricate garage door springs, tracks and wheels. Super easy!
- Check and clean faucet/shower head aerators. Replace if necessary.
- Drain water from hot water heater to remove sediment. Consider seeing if a tankless water heater makes more sense.
- Service garbage disposal by griding a few ice cubes.
- Check basement/crawlspace for dampness after the next rainstorm or after-thaw.
- Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries and/or the detectors themselves.
- Check for loose/leaking gutters. Replace or caulk as needed.
Over time, our habits and actions build and build.
Seven things may not seem like a lot, but you know what they say about ounces of prevention and pounds of cures.
Yes, we know. Get my phrases right. Sheesh.
Better to take an hour and deal with these small maintenance issues, lest they take days to deal with you.
Wishing you wonderful spring days ahead!
With just-around-the-corner gratitude,
Real Estate Broker
United Real Estate Indianapolis
1425 East 82nd Street, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46240
text/mobile: (317) 220-5397