December 2022 is here--can't believe I'm actually saying this!--and it's time to do seven simple steps to keep your home in tip-top shape. A little maintenance can go a long way, and over time (like, say, 12 months) those little measures can have big results for you and your home.
Check 'em out!
1) Get ready for winter power outages; make sure you have fresh batteries in all your flashlights and candles (and make sure you've got matches on hand, too!). A few board games at the ready wouldn't hurt, either.
2) Get ready for holiday cooking: deep clean your kitchen, including your oven, stove and microwave hood. Line up your slow cookers, rotisserie ovens, pots and pans, etc. and plan how you will use them for holiday gatherings.
3) Sharpen your knives. Holiday parties are around the corner, and so is all slicing, dicing and mincing that goes with it. Make sure your knives are up to the task--and if not, consider adding a new set to your gift list.
4) Check your carbon monoxide detectors. Make sure they work and the batteries are fresh.
5) Disconnect your exterior hose bibs and shut off the water lines to the exterior of the house.
6) Make sure your humidifier is working and change the filter. Don't have one on your furnace? Call an HVAC company and get pricing on one to save on your heating bill this winter.
7) Speaking of filters, change your furnace filter. Winter months are notorious for being trapped inside, with dust and debris. Make sure those furnace filters are changed for cleaner indoor air.
With Happy Home Gratitude,